Click HERE to apply.
The Creekside Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children in a small group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. The incumbent will provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, etc.
- Identify and respond to participant behavior issues.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your participants’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Help guide Junior Counselors and Volunteers to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
Qualifications - Required
- Upon hire, completion Park provided First Aid and CPR certification.
- Education classes or experience in youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Possess ability to make decisions that align with the mission and departmental goals with regards to child care.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, canoeing, swimming, team building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
- Must have the ability to physically support children when needed for safety in general activities (child weighing 50 - 200 pounds)