The mission of the Archdale Parks and Recreation Department is to enhance the quality of life for all Archdale’s citizens by offering year round, diversified, passive and active recreational opportunities ensuring that all aged citizens have equal opportunities of participation.
Creekside Park was created in 1979, thanks to a gift from William (Bill) and Elizabeth Aldridge. Over the past 20 years, the City has invested significant resources into Creekside Park, broadening the options and acreage at the park through strategic land purchases, re-investment of department revenues, and investment of general funds, which has leveraged Parks and Recreation Trust Fund grants and other support for the continued park development. The park land now covers more than 100 acres and is a destination for residents in Archdale and others from Northwest Randolph County.
- Provide a safe and accessible park facility for all citizens
- Provide diverse recreational opportunities
- Employ an ongoing system of organization evaluation
- Maintain fiscal responsibility throughout the department
- Foster collaboration, coordination, and partnerships throughout the community
- Increase awareness and usage of Archdale Parks